I admit, one of the most challenging recipes is this - HILSA BIRYANI - because the taste of awesome Hilsa fish and Rich flavorful Biryani should be there side by side!
Not a very easy thing, to keep the different taste and flavor intact together!
But, follow this recipe and make very easily this heavenly tasty and flavorful HILSA BIRYANI or ILISH BIRYANI!Party, Get together, Anniversary or Romantic Rainy Night, whatever be the occasion - HILSA BIRYANI - is the perfect choice to celebrate!
Taste and flavor of this dish will make everyone happy!
Follow this recipe and make very easily this heavenly tasty and flavorful dish. Try out today!
|Hilsa Biryani Ingredients|
Basmati Rice - 400 gm
Hilsa Fish - 500 gm
Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Onion paste - 4 tbsp
Ghee - 100 gm
curd/yogurt - 1 cup
Green Cardamom - 2
cloves - 3/4
Cinnamon - 1(2 inch pc)
Star Anise - 1/2 pc
Fennel seed - 1 tsp
Red Chili powder 1/2 tsp
Whole garam masala 1 tsp
Green chili - 3/4 pcs
Fried onion/ Beresta - 1 cup
bay leaf -2 pc
salt to taste
How to make -
1. Prepare Hilsa Biryani Masala - Dry roast and grind, cloves, Cinnamon,Green Cardamom, Star Anise, Fennel seed to make Hilsa Biryani Masala
2. Make Rice - Soak Basmati rice for half an hour, then boil and make rice 80% done.
Please remember, don't cook the rice full or 100%
3. Cook the Hilsa fish - Add one tablespoon white oil in a pan and heat. Put bay leaves. Add garlic paste and onion paste. Saute a little. Add 1/2 cup curd. Mix well. Add salt marinated fish. cover and cook for five minutes. Keep aside.
4. Gravy Preparation - In the same pan add 1/2 cup curd. Fried onion (Beresta), red chili powder, saffron color, ghee, slit green chili, salt to taste and Hilsa Biryani Masala Powder.
Add little water and cook for 2/3 min. Take out half of the gravy in a bowl.
5. Biryani Layering - Add one layer boiled rice, beresta and fish pieces. Spread Biryani gravy over it. Cover with another layer of rice, beresta, green chili. Sprinkle Kewra water all over.
Cover and seal very well. Cook in simmer for 8-10 min. After 10 min, put off flame. Don't uncover it immediately. Keep it covered and sealed for another 15 min.
After 15 min, open seal uncover and serve with raita or salan!
More Hilsa recipes you may like -
Hilsa Korma (Ilish Korma)